I was towelling Gabby off, who was fresh from her bath. I was putting her pajamas on, when out of the blue she asked "Mommy, are you going to heaven?" Just to make sure I heard it right, I asked, "What's that?" "Are you going to heaven?", she repeated. I know the answer to that, "Yes, I replied." But for a brief moment I thought, why am I so convinced that I am going to heaven? I don't feel special nor holy enough to make it to heaven. But wait, it's not what I did nor how I feel that makes me sure I am going to heaven, it's what Jesus did for me on the cross.
1 John 5:13 "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."
And so I went on to tell her that Mommy accepted Jesus in her heart and that Jesus died for my sins so that one day I will be with Jesus in heaven. And one day Gabby too will accept Jesus in her heart so that she and Mommy will be in heaven with Jesus. She nodded her head and said, "Yeah." I hugged her really tight with much joy and hope that one day she will give her heart and surrender her life to Jesus.
How about you? Are you sure you are going to heaven?
No comments:
Post a Comment