I have heard this song for the second time now and just like the first time, it touched my heart and gave me a warm feeling in my soul. I dedicate this song to my Mikey who was born with Down Syndrome. God has never ceased to amaze me how He has been working in Mikey's life, saving his life and giving us all (myself, Mike and Gabby) peace and love for our little man. Mikey has low muscle tone (which means weak muscles) and had difficulty feeding when he was born that he had to be fed through a tube through his nose. When he was two weeks old he was diagnosed with transient leukemia and almost had to undergo chemotherapy, not once but three times. We prayed everyday. And God intervened. Just two weeks ago, he had bone marrow test (where the doctors took a sample of his bone marrow to see if he is positive for true leukemia). If he is, he would have to be treated, which means chemotherapy. I don't know why but for some reason, every time I hear the word "chemo", I get knots in my stomach. We prayed again. And God intervened again.
Our Mikey-doodle is seven months old now and he is a happy baby. When he stares at me he has this looks on his eyes that is so loving. As if he is saying "I love you Mommy." He would stare for a long time, maybe he doesn't want to forget my face.
I am blessed to be entrusted with this tiny soul by God. I am teaching him how to sit and eat and talk but he is teaching me first how to love and compassionate. I am glad he was not born in another family. I am so happy he is mine. I want to show him what it means to be loved and cared for. In our eyes, just like what Gabby would always tell her brother "He is just perfect."
Mark Schultz What it Means to Be Loved Lyrics:
For five months and eight days my wife and I had waited
Gettin' ready for our baby girl
But when he called the doctor said I need to see you
And could you come in soon
Then something died inside of me to sit with him and hear
The tests that said our baby may not live to be a year
Then turnin' to my wife and he said "whata you wanna do?"
And she said...
I wanna give her the world
I wanna hold her hand
I wanna be her mom for as long as I can
And I wanna live every moment until that day comes
I wanna show her what it means to be loved
So we spent each day, watchin' every minute
And prayin' for our baby girl
And I will not forget the way I felt that moment
When she came into this world
But they took her from the room just
as soon as she was born
And watchin' through a window I could see her holdin' on
When a voice inside me said...
I wanna give her the world
I wanna be her dad
I wanna hold her close for as long as I can
And I wanna live every moment until that day comes
I wanna show her what it means to be loved
Well ever since the day
we got to bring her home
she's been out to prove the doctors wrong
Oh and you should see her now
she's as pretty as her mom
And there's a boy at the front door
waiting just to take her to her high
school prom...
And he wants to give her the world
Wants to hold her hand
And someday she may get a wedding band
But she's gunna live every moment until that day comes
And we're gunna show her what it means to be loved
Oh yeah (what it means to be loved)
Show her what it means to be loved
What it means to be loved

No comments:
Post a Comment