Sunday, June 18, 2017

Stuck with Down Syndrome

I still believe that God is good. Despite the fact that He let me have a kid with Down Syndrome, and that since he was born, I have been living with stress, insecurity, exhaustion and fear of the future. He is now 6 years old and in good health. I should be thankful, but most of the time I feel hopeless. My son's behavior is beyond manageable. He is strong-willed, stubborn, resistant to discipline, very difficult. I have been potty training him for three years now with no success. He does not care that he is soaking wet or dirty. I put him in the potty with 1% success. Maybe he can't feel the urge to go or maybe he is so used to going in his diaper and feels comfort in doing that.
It is very exhausting and frustrating. I don't see any hope in sight. I am blindly doing this and I am at my wits end. Heaven knows when this is going to end and how long I can keep my sanity intact. Part of the time I feel like God has been watching me without even wanting to lift a finger to help me. But I believe He is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment