Nov 23 - Mike and I went back to my Obgyn for follow up check up. A week had past since we knew that the baby had no heartbeat and stopped growing at 8 weeks. I am supposedly on my 12th week by now. So far, I haven't experienced any bleeding, just a bit of cramping for 2 days and then it went away. I had another ultrasound just to make sure if things are the same as last week. And sad as it is, there's no changes. Baby hasn't grown and still no heartbeat. Long and short of it, I am scheduled for D&C tomorrow.
Nov 24 - We were at the hospital before 11:30am, my D&C was at 1pm. Mom and Marty watched Gabby at home and Mike came with me. The preparations for the surgery and last minute instructions were done and I was wheeled in to the surgery room. The doc put me on general anesthesia and the next thing I knew I was being wheeled into the recovery room. I think I slept for another hour or so in the recovery room and when the anesthesia was finally wearing off I saw Mike by my side. I didn't feel anything, except for the wooziness. The D&C was finally over.
Now - Dec 2 - I thank the Lord for the prayers of my family and friends. I believe I am recovering well because of all your prayers and support. God was with me in the surgery room. He made the surgery a success and He spared me from a lot of pain and bleeding. I've heard so many women who had intense pain and who almost bled to death during a miscarriage. God, by His mercy spared me from that maybe because He knew I was scared. I am now slowly going back to my normal everyday routine. I finally got to clean my house today too! God is good!
God is good all the time. Praise the Lord for His strength and the strength He gave you.
ReplyDelete