Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mikey's sippy cup

This morning, Mikey actually held his sippy cup and started drinking! Good thing there's only water in there instead of juice or milk because most of it landed on his shirt than in his mouth. Yay Mikey!
I wish I took a picture of him while drinking but I had to watch him closely because I was so scared he would drown himself.
He would not part with his baby bottle though. He still drinks his milk and juice from it. For the longest time I have been trying to train him to use the sippy cup but no such luck. I tried different kinds and brands and the ones with the straw. Mikey just has a ton of fun banging them or tossing them on the floor. Hopefully, he would start getting used to the sippy cup so I can get rid of the baby bottles.
Deep inside, I also want to get rid of my guilt feelings because at age 2 my son is still using his bottle when he should be using a cup. I feel it's my responsibility that he use a cup than a bottle. But you know what, Mikey knows what he wants. He'll get there when he's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment