The sudden passing away of my brother-in-law has been extremely hard for his family - my sister and their 3 kids. It's been hard for all of us as well - his in-laws. We are struck with sudden and deep grief that it is hard to explain the pain we feel inside.
This tragedy has also been a wake up call for me. Death is a terrible tragedy that can happen to anybody at anytime. It has hit so close to home. Now, I look at my family differently. I treasure every moment I am with them. I find joy listening to my kids' endless chatter even when I am extremely exhausted. I can now look past my husband's quirks that used to irritate me. I don't know how long we will all be together. I don't know how long I would be able to see and enjoy my kids' laughter and antics, my husband's smile and boisterous laughter and his silliness.
Life is short and precious, especially life spent with loved ones. I want to keep on loving and living my short life with family and friends. When they're gone, life will never be same.
This is a very powerful message you have left with us Jessie. I just wished you didn't have to go. We will all miss you. With much sorrow and grief, we all say goodbye. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment