Friday, August 19, 2011

One God

Sometimes I wonder how much of what we teach Gabby about God she can really understand. Today, at the table, I quizzed Gabby. “How many gods are there?” She said without batting an eyelash, “One.” (There is only one true God.)  I was actually surprised that she did not even waver at her answer so I went on telling her about the Trinity. Then I asked again, “Who is God the Son?” She said, “Jesus.”
It is wonderful to hear words of faith from children, especially your own children. Mike and I can’t wait to tell her more about Jesus, our faith, salvation, etc.  (We are already teaching these to Gabby but then we don't know how much of it a four year-old  can grasp).  For now we ask God to make us intentional in bringing our children up in the ways of the Lord. May we never falter.  

1 comment: