Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Winter

Today I read this on Devotionals Daily. The message rings true for me. As I ask the Lord to change my circumstance and make it a lot easier. I see all the negative things and all I feel everyday is exhaustion. I need to stop and think what really matters in life. There are a lot of things I want to accomplish and that is what consumes my mind, time and energy that I fail to see the beauty of my life's current season.

Winter to Spring
Just as God does in nature, He also changes the seasons of our lives. In Ecclesiastes 3, King Solomon wrote:
To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted; . . . a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; . . . a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing. — Ecclesiastes 3:1-5

Everything must change. Nothing stays the same. Some changes—like the seasonal changes described in Dickens’s works—are expected, beautiful, and welcome. Other changes come unexpectedly, unwanted, and leave us wondering what to do.
The answer for changing times is to put your faith in God, who does not change (Malachi 3:6). Solomon said that God makes “everything beautiful in its time” (Ecclesiastes 3:11). He transforms the winters of our lives into spring. When we accept the changes and ask God to make them beautiful, our faith grows and blooms like His landscapes in springtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment